Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Wedding Anniversary

Today is Hubby's and my eighth wedding anniversary.  When Hubby proposed, I was a senior in college and worked in one of the labs in the science department.  My kids think that I mixed up a love potion and served it to Hubby, causing him to fall desperately in love with me and beg for my hand in marriage.  I don't know where they would get such a preposterous idea (wink, wink). 

Marriage is a lot harder than a love potion.  It takes work.  It takes arguments and forgiveness.  It takes compromise and selflessness.  These last eight years haven't always been easy.  There have been layoffs and job changes, moves and depressions, births and deaths.  Hubby and I are very different from one another, but we are always there for one another.  We listen to each other and relish in the other's growth.  Neither of us are the same people that walked down the aisle eight years ago.  And we both thank God for that!


We don't pretend to know the secret to marriage.  We haven't quite developed the love potion.  But we're failing and thriving together.

One love potion -- err -- ring, a wedding, two children, three moves, several job changes, and eight years later, I still count being Hubby's partner as one of the great pleasures of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment