![]() |
| I'll just give you a moment to take in all this cuteness... |
Brother was there when I clung to our mother's legs on the first day of Kindergarten. Brother wiped away Mother's tears on the drive home after the traumatizing event. Brother was there when my knees were knocking together at swimming lessons because I was just sure I would die if I jumped off the diving board. Brother jumped first. Brother was there when I had no friends to sit with during my lunch period in middle school. Brother let me sit with his friends. Brother was there when I graduated college. He gave me a thoughtful gift and wrote me a letter that made me feel like the smartest, most capable 22-year-old in the world. Brother was there on my wedding day. I had hives. He had encouraging words. He told me I was beautiful, decorated our motorcycle with tin cans and streamers, and blessed the meal at the reception. Brother was there when my first child was born. He snuggled Smarty Pants with happy tears in his eyes while I was shaking from anesthesia and anxiety in the recovery room.
Brother came home from Florida right before Christmas that year. Our family had changed with the addition of Sassy Pants, but Brother had changed even more. He had sun-kissed skin and a new passion for aiding those with mental health and addiction struggles. He went back to school to get a psychology degree and now works at a substance abuse treatment center. He cares deeply about the patients he works with and their families. He is a rock star at his job and at life.
Today is World Suicide Prevention Day and the organization that my brother interned with in Florida is running a campaign called "We'll See You Tomorrow." I love this campaign! People from all over the world are uploading photos of themselves with reasons why they will see you tomorrow - reasons why they will overcome their anxiety, depression, addiction, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts.
I am an anxious person by nature. Sometimes life overwhelms me, but
I'll see you tomorrow
because the universe gave me Brother, and Brother gives me courage.
I'll see you tomorrow
because the universe gave me Brother, and Brother gives me courage.






He is amazing. You are amazing. This post is amazing. I love your blog so much. Thank you for writing it. Big sappy hugs.
ReplyDelete