Know that thing you talk about doing all the time but never do? That thing you never do because you don't know how to do it or if anyone will even appreciate the fact that you are taking your precious time and effort to do it? I think most of us have one of those things. Writing is that thing for me. Dozens of people have told me to write a blog over the last few years. And I have done that. I've started several blogs. But I never publish or share them with people I know.
There's something you should know about me before I go any further: I am highly anxious, super sensitive, and extra feely. I take everything personally and worry too much. It's a ridiculous way to live life, I know. But, as any other person who suffers from anxiety will tell you, it is unshakable. No amount of yoga or carbohydrates, Jesus or Lexapro has been able to cure me from feeling all the feels all the time. It has held me back from traveling opportunities (Flying by myself?! No way in hell!), developing relationships with new people (Should I text the number she gave me right away?! Wait a few days?! What if she doesn't like me?!), and putting myself out there in blog form. Until now.
I've written a few pieces for parenting and public health websites. Each time, I cried for a week straight because, inevitably, somebody hiding behind a computer screen typed a hateful response. You guise. My beloved people. I'm only going to ask one thing from you: Please don't make me cry a lot. Especially not at first. Hold my little baby hand and ease me into this blogging thing. Pretend everything I share is adorable and genius for, at least, a little while. Just until I get my sea legs. You can disagree with me and throw me overboard to the sharks after that. Swearsies.
No comments:
Post a Comment